1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Issues while driving at high speeds

Issues while driving at high speeds

While driving on the expressway over 85 mph I noticed that my car starts to jerk as if there is a fuel cut happening. Have any of you guys had this problem? Its happened multiple times and the dealership cannot figure out whats wrong since they haven't been able to recreate the situation. I've also noticed the car jerk at low speeds a couple times which makes me think its just when I've got the car revving over 3000 rpm. If anyone can tell me what's wrong that would be awesome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Hasn't happened to me yet. Have you played around with the ECO button? I've been told by a former Hyundai Tech that the ECO button 'reduces the RPM in the engine.'

I'm not an engine buff but I'm just throwing out other possibilities that could play with your acceleration at 85 mph.
    2013 Veloster l Century White l Tech Package l DCT

Where are you on the map? Need ANSWERS? Search HERE.
    Lurking? Lurk HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by ajcc323 View Post
    Hasn't happened to me yet. Have you played around with the ECO button? I've been told by a former Hyundai Tech that the ECO button 'reduces the RPM in the engine.'

I'm not an engine buff but I'm just throwing out other possibilities that could play with your acceleration at 85 mph.

My veloster doesn't even have an eco button. I think thats only for the non turbo velosters.

Oh. Thought the Turbos have it too lol sorry. My help was irrelevant then. Someone should jump in and help you out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    2013 Veloster l Century White l Tech Package l DCT

Where are you on the map? Need ANSWERS? Search HERE.
    Lurking? Lurk HERE.

Its good, thanks for the input at least lol

Zan
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcc323 View Post
    Oh. Thought the Turbos have it too lol sorry. My help was irrelevant then. Someone should jump in and help you out.
    My automatic turbo (2013) has the eco button feature.
    Pandemonium, Taimaishoo and reiver like this.

OP, It would help us if you told us what model, build date and transmission type you have. There has been fuel delivery problems reported
    Ultimate Elite White VT A/T • Window Tint: 35% Front 30% Back • Vogue Signature V Tires • OEM Mudguards • Short Ram Intake • Pierce Motorsports VT-ONE Series Chromoly Strutbrace • Magnaflow Catback Exhaust • Turbosocks FMIC • ADD1 BOV BTRcc Custom Tune

밥솥

Quote Originally Posted by datboost View Post
    While driving on the expressway over 85 mph I noticed that my car starts to jerk as if there is a fuel cut happening. Have any of you guys had this problem? Its happened multiple times and the dealership cannot figure out whats wrong since they haven't been able to recreate the situation. I've also noticed the car jerk at low speeds a couple times which makes me think its just when I've got the car revving over 3000 rpm. If anyone can tell me what's wrong that would be awesome!
    If the dealers way of checking your complaint did not include a sustained 85 mph drive (which is counter to speed limits) and you have no c.e.l. for the issue there is nothing gonna get done since they can't recreate the problem. Their not gonna spend time speeding on highway to try either.
    My guess is until you get a code or the car craps out, your spitting in the wind for a answer. My suggestion is keep a document trail (log book) for yourself when it happens to you. When the car throws a code or quits all together, then the dealer will have something to go by and you can produce your notes. Good luck.

PS: Update your profile so we know what state your in.
    Last edited by RayT2; 05-22-2014 at 10:21 AM.
    JGunz18 likes this.
    Ray T

^^^What Ray said.

Are you A/T or M/T? Are you hitting the Rev limiter? Does it happen at the same RPM each time & in the same gear? Just trying to rule some things out

Sorry for the late reply guys. I drive a 2013 Veloster Turbo with M/T.
    Usually I've noticed the problem happening when I'm over 3000 rpm in 6th gear, but I've felt it happen once in 1st or 2nd gear at a little over 3000 rpm. I do believe it's a fuel delivery problem and I was thinking of taking it to the dealer and seeing if they can reflash the ECU with the stock tune and maybe that will fix it (no I didn't put my own tune in).

Look for top tier gasoline this is the fuel needed for our Vs & VTs do to the GDI cleans injectors, beeter punch when you push the peddle to the metal, look what station carries this gas ( puma carries this fuel ), if you us this fuel & problem persist I agre have to wait for an error code. Good luck hope with this your problems are over & enjoy your ride.

YOO I'm having what sounds like a similar issue was just hopping on here for answers too. I have an intake on my car, (manual 2013 turbo) only has 18,000km.

Any time I punch in it any gear I will get a similar issue happening. If I watch the revs they will stop going up for a split second, then continue then stop for a quick second then continue. Car still accelerates but you can feel like a small jerk every time it does whatever it's doing. Also because I have the intake I can hear a slight skip in suction, it's very annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

At first I thought it had something to do with the A/C because I had never used the A/C and a dealership drove my car using the A/C and that's the first time I noticed it, it was also a hotter day (25 celsius) and then really started noticing it again when I used the A/C myself, today I noticed it a bit but I didn't have the A/C on, but it was also a hot day again, could it have something to do with that? Maybe something in the fuel lines expanding too much? Wouldn't expect that to be an issue considering even in the winter the engine bay is hotter than a mid summer day.. who knows.
    Last edited by KSibb; 05-25-2014 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KSibb View Post
    YOO I'm having what sounds like a similar issue was just hopping on here for answers too. I have an intake on my car, (manual 2013 turbo) only has 18,000km.

Any time I punch in it any gear I will get a similar issue happening. If I watch the revs they will stop going up for a split second, then continue then stop for a quick second then continue. Car still accelerates but you can feel like a small jerk every time it does whatever it's doing. Also because I have the intake I can hear a slight skip in suction, it's very annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

At first I thought it had something to do with the A/C because I had never used the A/C and a dealership drove my car using the A/C and that's the first time I noticed it, it was also a hotter day (25 celsius) and then really started noticing it again when I used the A/C myself, today I noticed it a bit but I didn't have the A/C on, but it was also a hot day again, could it have something to do with that? Maybe something in the fuel lines expanding too much? Wouldn't expect that to be an issue considering even in the winter the engine bay is hotter than a mid summer day.. who knows.
    I also have an aftermarket intake in my VT and notice the suction to pause. I took my car to a dealership to see if they can fix it because my car turned off on my this past weekend and I have no idea why. It was like it ran out of gas but I still had over 100 miles in range left. Then I tried starting the car again a few times and it wouldn't start. I knew it wasn't the battery. I'm supposed to get the car back today. Hopefully they figured what was wrong with it because I can't believe my VT would already be having problems this early.

Blog Entries
    My 2013 vt craps out when I floor it while cruising @ freeway speeds and the outside temp is above 104 (not uncommon in Az.) . If I keep it wfo for a little time it will throw a cel . Dealer read code as low fuel rail pressure . Hyundai tech told them to replace high pressure fuel pump and rail . They did ,it didnt change ,then they had it for another week and changed a relay (waste of time imo) that didnt change anything . I am stuck and so are they . Anyone else have similar problem or an idea as to how to proceed ? Also removed plastic engine cover and added heat protection to fuel lines near the catalytic converter to no avail . H E L P

Ive never heard of this being a problem, sorry. They say its running lean? Could it be the ECU being programmed incorrectly?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    I wumbo, you wumbo, he, she, we wumbo. Wumboed, wumboing, wumbology - the study of wumbo

Venus My Goddess Build Thread

Blog Entries
    No , not running lean and it is perfect @ lower temperatures . Found out about a VT owner who lives in the hotter climate (I commute there) and she has the same problem but the dealer there can recreate the problem where as here they cannot (15-20 cooler) here . Hopefully they will figure it out but so far they did the same things the dealer here has done .Next they are going to replace the fuel lines .

I'm sitting at the dealership right now for a service with my nav. They have an ecu update for mine. When I asked what it was for they told me low fuel rail pressure, evap small leak, and another code that has slipped my mind at the moment, were the reason for the update. If you're having low fuel rail codes maybe check the dealer ship for an update.
    I know mine isn't a turbo but it can't hurt to call and find out if it applies to turbo models as well.

Why not reflash the ECU as well at the same time? It wont kill anything, plus it might fix the issue.
    I wumbo, you wumbo, he, she, we wumbo. Wumboed, wumboing, wumbology - the study of wumbo

Venus My Goddess Build Thread

Blog Entries
    Scheduled for dealer 7/21 to get new fuel line from low - high pressure fuel line . If this doesn't fix it I am going to lemon law it and go get a Soul ! Had 2 and loved them .

Quote Originally Posted by RayT2 View Post
    If the dealers way of checking your complaint did not include a sustained 85 mph drive (which is counter to speed limits) and you have no c.e.l. for the issue there is nothing gonna get done since they can't recreate the problem. Their not gonna spend time speeding on highway to try either.
    My guess is until you get a code or the car craps out, your spitting in the wind for a answer. My suggestion is keep a document trail (log book) for yourself when it happens to you. When the car throws a code or quits all together, then the dealer will have something to go by and you can produce your notes. Good luck.

PS: Update your profile so we know what state your in.
    Depends on where you are at. Speed limit around these parts hits 85mph (mainly on the toll road that just happens to pass not far from the dealer)

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast