1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Issues while driving at high speeds

Blog Entries
    Just took my 2014 VT from Co. to San Diego and back. It was 116 in Laughlin, Nv. 106 tem. or better on I-40. I was running 85 most of the way and punching it lots passing. No issues like you described. If I punched it she would go.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Any Updates OP??? My car just started doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by JGunz18 View Post
    Any Updates OP??? My car just started doing this.
    Sorry Gunz -- datboost hasn't posted since August. (TIP: click on poster name and go to profile -- last time posted is shown).

How fast were you driving? Using top tier gas? And, I'm sorry if I can't help myself -- did you get a picture of this while you were driving?

Yeah I noticed that. I think I know what the problem is though. The guys on FB helped me narrow it down & it seems to be a more frequent & common issue with the VT. Seems like the fuel line is either kinking at WOT or collapsing because it is strecthing under WOT. This is caused from the motor moving over time. This issue appears to be common & popping up more & more. Taking it to the dealer later today.

Yeah I noticed that. I think I know what the problem is though. The guys on FB helped me narrow it down & it seems to be a more frequent & common issue with the VT. Seems like the fuel line is either kinking at WOT or collapsing because it is strecthing under WOT. This is caused from the motor moving over time. This issue appears to be common & popping up more & more. Taking it to the dealer later today.
    You are so smart! Glad you figured this out so quickly. Let us know how it went at the dealer! Fingers crossed!
    JGunz18 likes this.

I've been reading a lot of similar fuel issues, but it's nice to see that the issue has been narrowed down.

I wonder if my motor mounts bushings will allow my car to avoid this, or just delay the inevitable, hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by velo2nr View Post
    I've been reading a lot of similar fuel issues, but it's nice to see that the issue has been narrowed down.

I wonder if my motor mounts bushings will allow my car to avoid this, or just delay the inevitable, hmmm.
    Yes...Specifically swapping the lower mounts helps. I'm ordering the lower mount ASAP. Not sure if it will eliminate the problem forever or it will delay the process...Only time will tell, but I'll keep you posted

Update: Dealer ordered a new fuel line. Should be here by tomorrow or Saturday Sucks not being able to go WOT...I "almost" feel like I have a NAV LOL

Well my car is doing what it did like 6 months ago...Checked my plugs & they are fine. Fuel line has been replaced & so has my PCV. I'm afraid if I take it to the dealer they're not going to be able to figure it out like with so many others. I wish the guys that posted below gave us an update!

Quote Originally Posted by datboost View Post
    Sorry for the late reply guys. I drive a 2013 Veloster Turbo with M/T.
    Usually I've noticed the problem happening when I'm over 3000 rpm in 6th gear, but I've felt it happen once in 1st or 2nd gear at a little over 3000 rpm. I do believe it's a fuel delivery problem and I was thinking of taking it to the dealer and seeing if they can reflash the ECU with the stock tune and maybe that will fix it (no I didn't put my own tune in).
    Mine's doing the same thing now. I checked my plugs & they are fine. Changed the PCV valve & it still does it. I'm stuck now. Taking it to the dealer on Friday. Only does it when I got WOT. If I ease the gas I can go to redline without any problems. Only happens when I floor it.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo gdi View Post
    My 2013 vt craps out when I floor it while cruising @ freeway speeds and the outside temp is above 104 (not uncommon in Az.) . If I keep it wfo for a little time it will throw a cel . Dealer read code as low fuel rail pressure . Hyundai tech told them to replace high pressure fuel pump and rail . They did ,it didnt change ,then they had it for another week and changed a relay (waste of time imo) that didnt change anything . I am stuck and so are they . Anyone else have similar problem or an idea as to how to proceed ? Also removed plastic engine cover and added heat protection to fuel lines near the catalytic converter to no avail . H E L P
    Fugggg...This sounds like the same exact thing my car is doing. Did they ever figure out the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo gdi View Post
    No , not running lean and it is perfect @ lower temperatures . Found out about a VT owner who lives in the hotter climate (I commute there) and she has the same problem but the dealer there can recreate the problem where as here they cannot (15-20 cooler) here . Hopefully they will figure it out but so far they did the same things the dealer here has done .Next they are going to replace the fuel lines .
    I had my fuel line replaced like 6 months ago, so I doubt it's that. I just noticed this post was like a year ago. I'm assuming you resolved the problem. What was it?

Lspi
    I wumbo, you wumbo, he, she, we wumbo. Wumboed, wumboing, wumbology - the study of wumbo

Venus My Goddess Build Thread

LOL....Stuuuuuupid!

Blog Entries
    Update: Dealer ordered a new fuel line. Should be here by tomorrow or Saturday Sucks not being able to go WOT...I "almost" feel like I have a NAV LOL
    didnt fix it did it /?

Blog Entries
    Well my car is doing what it did like 6 months ago...Checked my plugs & they are fine. Fuel line has been replaced & so has my PCV. I'm afraid if I take it to the dealer they're not going to be able to figure it out like with so many others. I wish the guys that posted below gave us an update!

Mine's doing the same thing now. I checked my plugs & they are fine. Changed the PCV valve & it still does it. I'm stuck now. Taking it to the dealer on Friday. Only does it when I got WOT. If I ease the gas I can go to redline without any problems. Only happens when I floor it.

Fugggg...This sounds like the same exact thing my car is doing. Did they ever figure out the problem?
    I had my fuel line replaced like 6 months ago, so I doubt it's that. I just noticed this post was like a year ago. I'm assuming you resolved the problem. What was it?
    UPDATE,A YEAR AGO THEY PUT A FLIGHT RECORDER IN MY VT TO RECORD WHILE I HAD THE PROBLEM ,SENT IT BACK WITH 5 EPISODES ON IT , THEY SAID THE CAR IS OPERATING AS IT SHOULD ! F---ING IDIOTS ! WELL NOW THERE IS A RECALL FOR ALL VT S FOR THE EXACT F ING PROBLEM !!!!!!!! GUESS WHAT . IT DOESNT FIX THE PROBLEM ,SO JUST DRIVE IT IN COOLER TEMPERATURES OR SELL THE PEACE OF SHYT ! Such a shame , it is an awesome car otherwise .

Yes it fixed my problem. I had a separate issue a few months later that felt the same exact way & it turned out to be a bad coil. No CEL's or anything. Would just misfire under WOT. Dealer & myself thought it was a fuel issue. After numerous test, they narrowed it down to a coil. Car's still running like a champ...Besides my motor mount that broke the other day. Taking it in Monday to fix that & replace the fuel line again with a new and improved one from the dealer. All covered under warranty

Hi! I have a 2016 Veloster Turbo and have experiencing the same problem. Has your problem definetelly been fixed? What is because of the coil?

Yes it fixed my problem. I had a separate issue a few months later that felt the same exact way & it turned out to be a bad coil. No CEL's or anything. Would just misfire under WOT. Dealer & myself thought it was a fuel issue. After numerous test, they narrowed it down to a coil. Car's still running like a champ...Besides my motor mount that broke the other day. Taking it in Monday to fix that & replace the fuel line again with a new and improved one from the dealer. All covered under warranty

Hi! I have a 2016 VT and I have been experiencing this same problem. Has your problem been fixed? And it was about the coil that was replaced? Thank you!!!

JGunz18 was last on this site March 2016. Sooo...don't expect a response from him. Hopefully someone else had this issue. I will only say that if JGunz18 said the problem was fixed, then IT WAS FIXED. He knew his stuff.
    2012 Ironman Silver, Style and Tech, purchased 10-17-2011
    TSB's by model year: http://www.hyundaiproblems.com/tsbs/Veloster/
    Join Google Project Fi get $20 credit: https://g.co/fi/r/JX91JH

19. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12