NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hid light relay buzz fix

Quote Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
    I've got a Morimoto set from TheRetrofitSource.com, with Morimoto H11 bulb (not H11B but works perfectly), Morimoto 3Five ballast, and Morimoto CANbus stand alone harness (no relay harness, plugs straight into the power source from the headlight). So far so good.

No return wire shadow.
    No relay, thus no relay buzz.
    No TPMS error after 25 minutes of operation with lights on.

Based on my experience, if you install without relay and without CANbus harness, the end result is once the car's started the lights will flicker out. With only the relay, the relay will BUZZ because the CANbus is sending signals to the headlight that pulses at a relatively high frequency, causing the relay to rapidly open and shut. Relay with capacitor fixes the problem, but an unshielded ballast can cause TPMS errors after the light has been on for more than 25 minutes.

The BEST solution is a stand alone CANbus harness, since the headlight connection is capable of sending enough current to drive the light. A relay harness is not needed. In combination with a shielded ballast then the system works just fine.
    Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
    -- "Move along, nothing to see here" --

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

I've got a Morimoto set from TheRetrofitSource.com, with Morimoto H11 bulb (not H11B but works perfectly), Morimoto 3Five ballast, and Morimoto CANbus stand alone harness (no relay harness, plugs straight into the power source from the headlight). So far so good.

No return wire shadow.

Based on my experience, if you install without relay and without CANbus harness, the end result is once the car's started the lights will flicker out. With only the relay, the relay will BUZZ because the CANbus is sending signals to the headlight that pulses at a relatively high frequency, causing the relay to rapidly open and shut. Relay with capacitor fixes the problem, but an unshielded ballast can cause TPMS errors after the light has been on for more than 25 minutes.

The BEST solution is a stand alone CANbus harness, since the headlight connection is capable of sending enough current to drive the light. A relay harness is not needed. In combination with a shielded ballast then the system works just fine.
    You also dont have hyper blinking do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    You also dont have hyper blinking do you?
    Nope.

Senior Member Victorious Secret's Avatar

No return wire shadow.

I've been debating whether or not to go Diode Dynamics or TRS, this is good to know.

Any noticeable issues or is it still working just fine?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
    2013 Hyundai Veloster w/DCT in Ironman Silver

http://www.aniteshjaswalphotography.com

I went through TRS for the same kit HACK bought. Hoping to install Friday. I'll report back also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Last edited by BKamp613; 01-22-2013 at 04:26 PM.

2012-13 Veloster Diode dynamics HID relay buzz fix from DD!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, yesterday I purchase the 6000k diode dynamics HID kit which I went & picked up here in Saint Louis,MO.
    Derrick @ DD was super knowledgable and really helpful. I bought the kit and some stage 1 LED turn signals for about 155$ total. Went home,installed the kit, and once I started the car, the dreaded "relay buzz" I read so much about on about 50+ forum post on several different formats and vehicles .

I called DD and even though it snowed 6 inches and it was Sunday, someone still answered the phone and it was Derrick ,on a SUNDAY @ 11Am , awesome! So I drove over there, he let me pull the car in the garage and before we took the whole car apart , Derrick suggested we try a warning blocker(resistor ) they sell for 5$. Literally ,it was plug and play ,and fixed it in literally 2 sec. Really quick and extremely easy . I give this place and A+.

Quote Originally Posted by BKamp613 View Post
    I went through TRS for the same kit HACK bought. Hoping to install Friday. I'll report back also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    The Retrofit Source relay kit uses two relays, one for each ballast. The advantage being that a single relay failure does not knock out both bulbs, only one. I will be installing one of their kits together with their Morimoto Mini projectors soon.
    2012 NAV / Tech Pkg, Born 7/24/11, Mine 9/17/11, 6MT, Boston Red, R/B Seats.
    Inovit Force 5 18x8 +42 wheels, Saikou Michi Micro Catch Can, InJen SRI, Tint
    25% around, 10% Roof.
    LED Turn Signals, Brake Lights, Interior & License Plate Lights. Custom exhaust tips,
    6000K Xenon HID, 6000k HID Fogs. 45k miles as of 2/13/14.

Literally , I was there 20min ago @ DD , Derrick was there and installed a plun in play warning canceling device , cost -5$ ,give em a call.
    Last edited by 3d00rdct; 02-03-2013 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Mispelled word

I can't say enough about the great people at DD. They go the extra mile for their customers.
    2012 NAV / Tech Pkg, Born 7/24/11, Mine 9/17/11, 6MT, Boston Red, R/B Seats.
    Inovit Force 5 18x8 +42 wheels, Saikou Michi Micro Catch Can, InJen SRI, Tint
    25% around, 10% Roof.
    LED Turn Signals, Brake Lights, Interior & License Plate Lights. Custom exhaust tips,
    6000K Xenon HID, 6000k HID Fogs. 45k miles as of 2/13/14.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements