NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Vt grill on N/A

Yea I do have some new updates. Check out my thread on the suspension discussion. Also going to up load a couple pics of the inside of the bumper. So u can have a better idea of how it's done. Zolihonig I just got onto it today, is there something on there important??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Stu,

Can't find that thread.

I don't know if there are any important updates there, but i saw a screenshot someone posted of a grill kit that came.
    Can you post the link?

Where did you get the turbo grill?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 Base Vit C
    Full Kustom F100 in my avitar
    37 Ford Hot Rod
    65 Ranchero mild Kustom
    49 Pontiac mild Kustom fastback

i would like to know what material did you use to make the lip and i want to buy one!
    Dattebyo~
    Yellow V style: Carbon Fiber vinyl grill wrapped, 25% Tints, TK CAI, Jun B.L. Catback exhaust, BC coilovers, 7k HID Yellow bezels headlights, viper remote start

so when you get aftermarket lips or bodykits, do we get NA lips or Turbo lips now? Turbo Front definitely looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by zolihonig View Post
    Stu,

Can't find that thread.

I don't know if there are any important updates there, but i saw a screenshot someone posted of a grill kit that came.
    Can you post the link?

Where did you get the turbo grill?

That one was a scam, no matter what you buy bumper wise you're going to have to come up with something to mount it.
    He bought it off ebay if i recall, they sell just the grill punch out. Like 100$ free shipping. But last i checked they bumped the price up.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    My Veloster<---Click it!

I purchased my grill from the dealer. They had the best price. There is also a site that sells euro wide plate vt grills. I do not buy eBay crap! And for the mounts I was able to use some of the top old grill which I am in the process of trying to design. I'm trying to make something that u can add afte you cut and not do what I have and rig off of pre existing mounts. But if u were to not make your own mount it can be done. After I finish my engineering school exam I will have a DIY thread. Then hopefully soon have a one piece backing mount which I will make a couple of if u desire the hybrid look like mine without the mess.

Eclipes- if u like the turbo front then I would suggest driving down to the dealer and purchase it. I don't care for the fogs or the bottom but that's my opinion.

Dattebyo- materials for lip. First you will have to design a mold. I made mine out of foam and bondo. Then I painted it covered that in mold release and since my pre-preg carbon went bad I went with fiberglass and a epoxy resin. Little bit of bondo glaze to smooth it out and a primer/paint. If u want me to make you one, you will have to let me finish up my finals and I can do a custom lip but I will let u know it took me around 20 hours for the last one but that was because I had to make special tools to achieve a even surface all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuie View Post
    I purchased my grill from the dealer. They had the best price. There is also a site that sells euro wide plate vt grills. I do not buy eBay crap! And for the mounts I was able to use some of the top old grill which I am in the process of trying to design. I'm trying to make something that u can add afte you cut and not do what I have and rig off of pre existing mounts. But if u were to not make your own mount it can be done. After I finish my engineering school exam I will have a DIY thread. Then hopefully soon have a one piece backing mount which I will make a couple of if u desire the hybrid look like mine without the mess.

Eclipes- if u like the turbo front then I would suggest driving down to the dealer and purchase it. I don't care for the fogs or the bottom but that's my opinion.

Dattebyo- materials for lip. First you will have to design a mold. I made mine out of foam and bondo. Then I painted it covered that in mold release and since my pre-preg carbon went bad I went with fiberglass and a epoxy resin. Little bit of bondo glaze to smooth it out and a primer/paint. If u want me to make you one, you will have to let me finish up my finals and I can do a custom lip but I will let u know it took me around 20 hours for the last one but that was because I had to make special tools to achieve a even surface all around.
    alright let me know when you get the time to make another one, pm me for a price
    Dattebyo~
    Yellow V style: Carbon Fiber vinyl grill wrapped, 25% Tints, TK CAI, Jun B.L. Catback exhaust, BC coilovers, 7k HID Yellow bezels headlights, viper remote start

Sign me up Stu. #preorder

ok ill let you guys know, when I start the build on my sides I will do it altogether. I will start a thread and send pm's to you first.

You should start a thread in your name so you can put all your happenings in one place. I would like to follow your threads o.O

My Veloster<---Click it!

I would be doing the exact opposite if I had a turbo -- I would be getting rid of the wide mouth bass look and adopting the Veloster NA grill instead. The earlier version of the Genesis coupe went wide mouth bass, too, and also looks better prior to that change. Back up, Hyundai -- you had it right to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by DeMarioii View Post
    You should start a thread in your name so you can put all your happenings in one place. I would like to follow your threads o.O

ok I after I finish the DIY of the grill I will start and dedicate it to the progress of my v and it will feature DIY posts through out the thread. Would that be something everyone would like me to do??

Quote Originally Posted by Stuie View Post
    ok I after I finish the DIY of the grill I will start and dedicate it to the progress of my v and it will feature DIY posts through out the thread. Would that be something everyone would like me to do??
    That would be awesome (:
    Looking forward to it!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
    Ark Performance Wide Body Veloster [1/15 production kits]
    Nextmod ARK PerformanceWired Ridez10fintec Velocity AutobodyMoose Knuckles Canada

GTA Veloster

Sounds good

My Veloster<---Click it!

(STUIE) Ebony Sookie build and DIY from the start

NEW THREAD SO NO MORE FOLLOWING THE MESS I CREATED LOL HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY!!!

Stu,

How Much did you purchase the grill for if you dont mind me asking?
    2012 Hyundai Veloster Ironman Silver/Style. Custom Fabricated Cold Air Intake, 5% tint rear windows, 3M Gloss black vinyl wrap on front grill, Solo Performance Mach 2N1 Cat back Exhaust kit.
    Sponsored by Six Speed Graphix, Killer Cup Cake Industries
    www.sixspeedgraphix.com
    www.killercupcakeindustries.com
    Dark Lord of Northern California Velosters Association
    Co-Founding member of Northern California Hyundai Car Club

Quote Originally Posted by pickviper View Post
    Stu,

How Much did you purchase the grill for if you dont mind me asking?
    PM'd

Hello Stuie, do you have the parts numbers of the VT grill and all parts you bought, my dealer only wants to order by parts numbers, or by VIN...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockclimber View Post
    Hello Stuie, do you have the parts numbers of the VT grill and all parts you bought, my dealer only wants to order by parts numbers, or by VIN...?
    PM sent

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements