Veloster Forum banner

anybody else notice this??? kdm vs usdm

Tags
kdm notice usdm
12K views 38 replies 20 participants last post by  3H2H1 
#1 ·
here is the kdm version. taken by our new korean friend. not sure which ones i like better :confused:

and here is the usdm/canada version...

See less See more
#3 ·
The KDM versions might be LED and have a rear fog light in it. But, there are many photos out there taken of Velosters at US autoshows that have the red/clear lights. It might even be just Canadian ones that are all red.

#25 ·
I just test drove my second Veloster and while I didn't notice the color of the tail lights on the red one I drove in the rain earlier in the week, the black one I drove today had the red/clear tail lights. I think MTD is probably correct, it might be just the Canadians get the all red tail lights.

#4 ·
the white one they photographed in cali had red tails too...uh...i guess we will see.

i like the redded out look better i think. the cleared ones look like 05-06 tib tails.

#5 ·
The ones on the car photographed in Canada might not even be street legal yet. No clear for the reverse lights and no amber for the signals. Both of which if I recall are mandatory.

I told myself Id never buy another white car, but I thinks its my favourite colour so far.

#6 ·
yeah i'm diggin the white...espeically with the black accents. i'm also looking at blue and the green (if its the right shade)

btw...those are clear too!! WTH? i dont know what to expect (perhaps this is a korean version that they brough over?

i also noticed that the red car from canada is debaged...now i'm really confused. hahaha

#8 ·
The KDM version also has the red GDI label

#12 ·
I don't think white cars age well for the most part but I am liking the white too. First choice is Vitamin C without seeing them in person. White gives the option of red trim seats it looks like though which would look good with so much red on the car. Now if you had the option for the red inserts on the wheels and add red calipers ...

#14 ·
^^ oh you got that right! .. also don't de-badge your cars.. it looks fugly.. just my opinion :)

#15 ·
i'm keepign it...if anything i'll add the "GDI" to it...i have the korean badging on my elantra

AvanteXD on the left side (what its called over there in the mother land)

and Racing on the right side to say its a 5 door

#17 ·
What they dont tell you is that sometimes they are shipped without badges and the dealer has to place them on. Part of the salesmans job so they dont just sit around all day lol.

#19 ·
It would take thirty days of training to get half of the salespeople to put the badges on right.

#21 ·
the KDM version has quite a few differences on the inside (which is upsetting):

????? :: ??

- full-leather seats, heated.
- dual LCD gauges (I don't think we get that either)
- auto-climate controls (which I'm a fan of)
- climate info displayed on the 7" LCD

Another item on my wishlist (standard in Europe, I believe), is POWER-FOLDING mirrors. Crucial to fold mirrors where I live.

#24 ·
US/Canada always get jipped on cars :) Don't be disappointed :D

#28 ·
Korean version has LED rear with red/clear
Canada has LED?
USA no LED.

Korean version has projector headlight.
I don't know about USA navi package may have it, but my pano roof model don't have projector lamp on USA model.

Korean side mirrors have signal lamp and power folding. Hyundai also offers carbon look cover.

I've order for all of above to switch over. For now, you can see our car at photo section...plain stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.