NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leather Seat Covers (made to order)

Leather Seat Covers (made to order)

I have a friend that works at Clazzioseatcovers.com and I asked him if he would be making Leather seat covers for the Veloster. He said if there was enough interest that it would happen. They range from 350-450 for the whole set with alot of colors, styles, leather, pvc or suede and you can even choose stitching color! I have these on my Scion (all black) and Rav4 (Black with tan cross stitched inserts) now and I have had them for 3 years, People cant believe they are covers. They are not universal covers but made to fit the exact vechicle. Bump this if you would be interested. Thanks!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Oh **** yeah

please post up something if this intrest you. check their web page. these are huge in the scion and toyota world. they are awesome.

Eh, would rather have the seats actual leather or none at all.. Might need actual pics of the leather covers to decide.

Need to check out the feel of the stock seats before even considering this. But perforated leather would be nice.
    2003 Mazda Protege5
    2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B

$350-450 for all veloster seats seems like a decent price. I have seen front seat covers go for $60/each on average and rear's for $80/each and these are the typical car seat covers you find at walmart and your local auto parts store.

I won't mind paying $350-450 for a GOOD product.

bump for Clazzio. Got a set on my s2000.

If Its possible Id like to get just the front seats? If they are willing to sell fronts and rears separately I would be definitely interested though.

I would definitely interested - however his website doesn't seem to any have detailed/large photo's of his handiwork.

Perhaps you can take a some pictures of your cars and we can see for ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Robnaldo View Post
    I would definitely interested - however his website doesn't seem to any have detailed/large photo's of his handiwork.

Perhaps you can take a some pictures of your cars and we can see for ourselves.
    +1 ... That would be nice

i would need some indication that these were tested to ensure they would work with the airbags that need to deploy from the sides of the seats.

^yeah that is the last thing you want is your seat catching fire because the airbag did not deploy correctly.

i would have to tell people all the time about that while their cars were in the shop. Fabric covers over the airbag is just bad news bears.
    Silver Certified Hyundai tech turned Sonographer

AND blogger? Check it out! All Things Hyundai.
    http://allthingshyundai.blogspot.com/

"Yes yes, you are a well informed man, but this is just confirmation of your genius! " Haptic
    QFTMFT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by only1db View Post
    ^yeah that is the last thing you want is your seat catching fire because the airbag did not deploy correctly.
    that too. im more concerned with my torso being crushed because the airbag did not deploy correctly or deploy at all.

Sak
    I'd be pretty interested if there were some form-fitting but washable neoprene seat covers, or maybe cordura...something that I can get all muddy and sweaty without panicking. I'm a mountain biker, and sitting on a couple of towels after a rainy ride, or a Whistler trip can be annoying...and often ineffective.

Quote Originally Posted by Sak View Post
    I'd be pretty interested if there were some form-fitting but washable neoprene seat covers, or maybe cordura...something that I can get all muddy and sweaty without panicking. I'm a mountain biker, and sitting on a couple of towels after a rainy ride, or a Whistler trip can be annoying...and often ineffective.
    Same boat.. kinda.. I don't mountain bike per se but I bike and do lots of my sports in the rain because .. I mean who doesn't like rain :P

I have a set for my Cube (perforated leather with double red stitchings, it's still like new after more than 2 years.
    If it's available for Veloster, I'll definitely get a set... My car it not even delivered yet, still a few days away
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Sak View Post
    Maybe check out 'wet okole'. They're made of neoprene. I doubt however if they have anything yet made for our cars being they're so new, but it's worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by dskoo65 View Post
    i would need some indication that these were tested to ensure they would work with the airbags that need to deploy from the sides of the seats.
    Is that where the side airbag is located inside the seat?

Quote Originally Posted by jadehawk View Post
    Is that where the side airbag is located inside the seat?
    yep. that is why seat covers are generally not recommended in modern cars. there are also curtain airbags above the window, but the side seat airbags are what protect your torso in a side impact.
    anyone who puts them in their car will have to accept that in a side impact collision, they may well not get the benefit of those airbags.
    Last edited by dskoo65; 10-05-2011 at 08:45 AM.

There was a company online I saw a few years back that will sell you the complete seat wrap. Not sure if this is what your talking about... I'm talking about an entire NEW cloth/vinyl material that is custom tailered for your seat. You have to take off the seats, and remove the clips on the bottom. When you take off your original all your looking at is foam. Their website had tons of colors and variations, including the carbon fiber vinyl which I love (done a few poker tables with it). Few years ago price for front seats and rear was around 600, but totally custom... colors, styles, stitching, etc... And its DIY installation

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements