Veloster Forum banner

Tow Hook License Plate Relocation Kit

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SLVelTurbo15 
#1 ·
Hey all!
So I was doing some looking around for a LP relocation kit, (just installed a mesh grill) so bought a Grimmspeed Kit for a Genesis hoping it would fit the VT (theyre both Hyundais might as well see if it works), but unfortunately it didn't fit. So I emailed Grimmspeed and asked them if they could design one for the Veloster and they said their engineering team will look into it. Now the Genesis one I bought was 80 bucks and it was FULLY adjustable in every aspect. and VERY high quality! So I decided to look some more and I found the Platypus Kit and they have one for Veloster. I was like "Oh wow how much is this one???" 72 to 80 bucks...uh no thank you...and its not even adjustable. Such a rip off...if it was like 20 to 40 I would actually buy it right there but nah.

So anyway what did you guys do for a relocation kit? Did any of you make your own?? Trying to get a sense of what supplies I would need if I were to make my own :) because right now I have no clue lol

Thanks all!

#4 ·
Sorry I didn't have pictures available of my grill yet on my computer. Its the mesh from customcargrills.com with the tow hook hole, so I can easily access the tow hook hole, I still have my front tow hook on actually

#5 ·
The bolt that goes into the tow hook hole was WAY too large for the hole (ik that's what she said, hardy har har) and I understand I can find an exact bolt I need, but like bracket wise to hold the plate, i have no clue what to look for :(

#6 ·
And the bolt that goes into the tow hook hole has a hole at the other end of it for a U bracket so you can adjust the side angle of of the plate, and the U bracket bolts up to the bracket for the plate and you can adjust it further, check it out on grimmspeed, the genesis kit. I unfortunately returned the kit i bought, im not gonna spend 80 bucks on a kit that id have to modify and put more money into it to make it fit. Im just looking for the cheaper alternative. I know i could use zipties but im looking for a clean way to mount the plate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.