NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: White headlight reflector legal in U.S?

White headlight reflector legal in U.S?

I have seen the LED headlights for the VT or regular veloter in europe with white reflectors in the headlights. I want to buy thes headlights so bad but isn't it violation to not have an orange reflector in the front of your car. I have seen some people on here in the U.S. with white reflectors in their headlights. Is it allowed in Florida at least or what?thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

It is allowed. As long as your turn signals and the lights in your reflectors are amber, you are good.

Wow no one in the U.S. does that though. It looks so cool with jut white.

The Kdm turbo lights I got don't have light bulbs in their reflectors. Just fyi, either way I think you'll be fine.

2012 Century White Veloster w/ Style Package, Red Interior.

Performance:
    Ark DT-S Exhaust System, NGM SRI

Exterior:
    Sequence Lip Kit Spec-1, 19x8.5 +32 Matte Graphite Vossen Cv3 , MGP Caliper Covers, 35% Tint all around, Full LED KDM Headlights, Black Bezel KDM Tail lights, 6k HIDs, 3k HIDs Fogs, NGM Betamax Coilovers, Turbo Front Conversion, Custom Grill.

Interior:
    CF Trim, Flossy Knob

April 2013 VOTM

My Veloster <--- Click me

Not saying I don't believe you guys but still kinda hesitant was researching and found this for Florida law

"Front clearance lamps, identification lamps, and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the front or on the side near the front of a vehicle shall display or reflect an amber color."

These LED lights I am talking about "display" white along with white reflector and only reflect in amber during turn signaling. Is that still acceptable?exLED Full LED Head Lamp for Veloster (with OEM Parts/pair)
    Last edited by Jan280; 07-23-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan280 View Post
    Not saying I don't believe you guys but still kinda hesitant was researching and found this for Florida law

"Front clearance lamps, identification lamps, and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the front or on the side near the front of a vehicle shall display or reflect an amber color."

These LED lights I am talking about "display" white along with white reflector and only reflect in amber during turn signaling. Is that still acceptable?exLED Full LED Head Lamp for Veloster (with OEM Parts/pair)
    I'm not sure what your looking for us to say here. Your asking us to tell you it's ok, but you have found a law which may or may not be correct in saying that the reflector should be amber. So really, what do you want us to do? All I can tell you is I have run clear reflector lenses with amber parking light bulbs and amber turn signal bulbs for the last 15 years here in Florida and have never had an issue. I have only ever been stopped for tinted tail lights (which were way to dark to be honest). I see the lights you are thinking of buying, and if it were me I wouldn't hesitate to purchase them. I feel confident I would never have a problem with them. Really though, you need to decide.

Checking back in, I got the clear(white) reflector in my exled headlights and have never been pulled over for it. In fact, I got pulled over twice in the past few months but no charge and they didn't say anything about my tinted tail lights and reflectors, HIDs, white headlight reflectors, or illegal front tint :P
    Selling my parts: exLED headlights $450, tsw nurburgring rims $450, Turbokits Axle Back exhaust $300, exLED bumper reflectors $100.

Technically they are against the law in all 50 states, but chances of being pinched for it are great. If you watch the cars that go by you, you can't even pin the amber reflector in most newer models until they're right next to you because they're so small.

10. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements