NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I Plasti dipped half of my V

I Plasti dipped half of my V

ehicle.. Sorry, the whole word wouldnt fit in the subject line..

My 2002 Chevy Avalanche. I Plasti dipped all of the cladding in white. Looks much better IMO.. It has 8" of lift, 35" Toyo MT's on 20" XD wheels. This truck is the biggest reason I bought the Veloster. 10 MPG and 300 miles a week to work equals a whole lot Of gas.. Anyways, hope you like..
    I Plasti dipped half of my V-imageuploadedbyautoguide1332701017.101915.jpg

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

The white cladding sure looks a heck of a lot better than the normally drab greyish color I'm so used to seeing. Good job! How long ago did you plasti-dip it and about how long will it last before it starts peeling/flaking etc. I've seen the threads where they guys do their wheels, badges, front end, etc. I've contemplating doing similar stuff myself but I don't want it to look chiwi in a short period of time. I do live in the north country where winter time road sand and salt can really fubar a car in a short period of time if you're not careful so I need to take that into consideration too.

It's the rubberize the handle of your tools stuff. It can last.
    2012 Veloster Base Black DCT

Quote Originally Posted by Jeng View Post
    It's the rubberize the handle of your tools stuff. It can last.
    yes but if it starts to peel, you have to peel it all off and start over if you want it to look right

and OP...I dont believe you. I think you typed "i plasti diped my V" on purpose so everyone looked at your thread...just sayin. there are much longer thread titles than yours. I don't know who you are going to fool with that one. you would have been better saying "ha! i fooled you into looking"

Quote Originally Posted by silvershark78 View Post
    yes but if it starts to peel, you have to peel it all off and start over if you want it to look right

and OP...I dont believe you. I think you typed "i plasti diped my V" on purpose so everyone looked at your thread...just sayin. there are much longer thread titles than yours. I don't know who you are going to fool with that one. you would have been better saying "ha! i fooled you into looking"
    It was a joke. I figured everyone would know that... And I'm sure most did..

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost12 View Post
    The white cladding sure looks a heck of a lot better than the normally drab greyish color I'm so used to seeing. Good job! How long ago did you plasti-dip it and about how long will it last before it starts peeling/flaking etc. I've seen the threads where they guys do their wheels, badges, front end, etc. I've contemplating doing similar stuff myself but I don't want it to look chiwi in a short period of time. I do live in the north country where winter time road sand and salt can really fubar a car in a short period of time if you're not careful so I need to take that into consideration too.
    I don't know how long it would last up there in the snow and salt but it is supposed to be pretty durable. I did the front and rear about 6 months ago. I did a couple touch up coats and then did the side pieces. All in all it took about 10 hours for all..

Quote Originally Posted by supadupaj View Post
    It was a joke. I figured everyone would know that... And I'm sure most did..

the way you put it, it is a very dry sense of humor. please understand my misunderstanding

9. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements