NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Smoked Tail Lights

Smoked Tail Lights

I was looking into getting this for my Veloster and just wanted to know if anyone has done it yet. I would really like to see how it turned out. I would go with the light smoke, here is a link to a place I found with the film.

Custom Tail Light Tint Hyundai Veloster 2012

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

HOLY CRAP thats expensive! Get it where i got mine from 401 GRAPHICS Its only $10 a foot. Also the pre-cut stuff is hard to use cuz it you dont line it up perfect then you will have problems, buying the sheets are beter cuz you can just trim after you applied.
    Heres some pics of mine that i just put on tonight.
    Smoked Tail Lights-395561_3169439871387_1127168443_33279715_374284172_n.jpgSmoked Tail Lights-430425_3169447951589_1127168443_33279718_691314514_n.jpg
    Turtle85 likes this.
    Ultra Black Style/Tech Black/Red Interior DCT
    Custom vinyl graphics & apparel

I was thinking the same thing about the precut and that's probably why its so expensive cuz its precut. So the tint on yours is the only shade they have at 401 right? Is it high gloss its hard to tell in the pic. How visible are the lights? It looks really good thought I think ill just go that dark. Thanks for the link.

Forgot to ask one more thing how much did you get to do the lights and reflectors.
    Last edited by Turtle85; 02-17-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle85 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about the precut and that's probably why its so expensive cuz its precut. So the tint on yours is the only shade they have at 401 right? Is it high gloss its hard to tell in the pic. How visible are the lights? It looks really good thought I think ill just go that dark. Thanks for the link.

Forgot to ask one more thing how much did you get to do the lights and reflectors.
    Yea they only have one shade of the smoke (they have other colors also Hyper blue, Yellow, Red, Purple, and pink). The smoke is not too dark, you can still see red when the lights are off. I would say it is around 35% tint. It is glossy. You can see all the lights light up fine at night and during the day.
    I'll be tinting every light, I think i got 10 feet just to be safe (plus they offer free shipping if you spend $100 or more). I was able to use scrap pieces that were trimmed off the tail lights to do the reflectors. I still haven't done the headlights yet.
    The sheet comes in one piece when you order. so you just cut to the size you need.
    What i love about their tint film was that when you heat it up it looks like new again. Because i accidentally made a few bad creases in it when squeegeeing it on, so i pulled it back up off the light a bit put some heat on it and the crease came right out.

holy **** dude the car looks freaking awesome with the black out tail lights and reflectors. Im going to have to do this.

omfg that looks amazing blacked out with the black V, and black wheels

MAN!!!! that is pretty kick a$$, but does the interior get hot in the summer?
    Century White Grey with Red/Black interior - Style and Tech packages - I wish....

HOLY CRAP thats expensive! Get it where i got mine from 401 GRAPHICS Its only $10 a foot. Also the pre-cut stuff is hard to use cuz it you dont line it up perfect then you will have problems, buying the sheets are beter cuz you can just trim after you applied.
    Heres some pics of mine that i just put on tonight.
    At the site I linked you can get a 24x24 for 14.99. 401 wants $10 for a 14x12. so yea its cheaper at Rvinyl.com plus free shipping on orders over 49.99.

http://www.rvinyl.com/
    Last edited by Turtle85; 02-17-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle85 View Post
    At the site I linked you can get a 24x24 for 14.99. 401 wants $10 for a 14x12. so yea its cheaper at Rvinyl.com plus free shipping on orders over 49.99.

Rvinyl Headlight Tint, Tail Light Tint, Window Tint, Dash Kits
    Hmmm... So I know 401 graphics does price matching (says it on top of their web site). So I called 401 (Talked to Meghan) I told her about rvinyl's prices, she said that she would give me, and anybody else on this forum 50% off anything on the site (except apparel), plus free shipping on orders over $50
    However you have to place your order over the phone to get this deal. 401-404-5300

PS. I asked if they would be offering any kind of Veloster decals, or shirts and stuff. They said that they would add them to the site soon

Quote Originally Posted by KCVeloster View Post
    Hmmm... So I know 401 graphics does price matching (says it on top of their web site). So I called 401 (Talked to Meghan) I told her about rvinyl's prices, she said that she would give me, and anybody else on this forum 50% off anything on the site (except apparel), plus free shipping on orders over $50
    However you have to place your order over the phone to get this deal. 401-404-5300

PS. I asked if they would be offering any kind of Veloster decals, or shirts and stuff. They said that they would add them to the site soon
    Freaking sweet but I already ordered with Rvinyl o well no big deal. Nice work KCVeloster

So I really want to do this but I dont have a heat gun to do it. Anyone know a place in Orange County that would do it?

Quote Originally Posted by mamoo View Post
    So I really want to do this but I dont have a heat gun to do it. Anyone know a place in Orange County that would do it?
    Just use a blow dryer

Love the black outs I want to get my tails tinted as well. Did you plastidip the emblems? I did Kindof a crappy job on mine.. Damn humidity of Florida

Check out my Plasti-Dipped Emblems and Tail Lights.... It was a fairly easy job to do. Cost me 6 dollars all day. And if i get pulled over, the plasti-dip just peels right off

Smoked Tail Lights-img_1643.jpgSmoked Tail Lights-img_1646.jpg

Also PD'ed the front ------>Name:  IMG_1632.jpg
Views: 4886
Size:  778.2 KB

Senior Member WHATtaHELLWASTHAT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    HEY KC!!! WE have TWINS!!!lol mines almost the same but I left the back veloster logo chrome.

The smoked tails look sick! I might have to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff M View Post
    Check out my Plasti-Dipped Emblems and Tail Lights.... It was a fairly easy job to do. Cost me 6 dollars all day. And if i get pulled over, the plasti-dip just peels right off

Attachment 5476Attachment 5477
    Wait... are you saying you "Plasti-dipped" the lights?
    -Wes
    Weekend Warrior (FOR SALE) - '99 WS6 Trans Am **515HP**
    Daily Driver (FOR SALE) - '00 Ford Mustang
    Wife's Car (FOR SALE) - '08 Sky Redline TURBO!
    Future Car - '13 Veloster TURBO Auto w/Ultimate Package!!!!!!!
    www.wesvfx.com

Yeah, I removed the tail lights and did a light spray with Plasti dip.

I just picked this up for our son's first car. I'm not very comfortable with him having smokes tail lights. It's a 2013 turbo. Would anyone be open to trading for some stock tail lights?
    I'm in So. Cal.
    Thanks!!
    Name:  2013.09.29.14.03.22.jpg
Views: 4983
Size:  53.7 KB

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements