1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Got My HIDs, HID Fog Lights, and Full LED Interior Lights Installed!

Hey Guys,
    Just got my Low Beam HIDs, HID Fog Lights, and Full LED Interior Lights Installed. They are From XenonSupply.com and they look AWESOME!!!!! I choose to go with the 6k HID, with the 3k Yellow Fog HIDs. Also every single bulb from License Plate (Did not picture), trunk light (not pictured), vanity lights, and dome lights were changed to 6k LED bulbs. The car looks so awesome at night. Its so hard to picture it on my cell phone. But the guys at Xenon Supply took some amazing shots on their camera and will be posting those when i receive them. The Xenon Supply guys have some very high quality products and are some of the coolest guys you will meet. I highly recommend there products. These are not no crappy eBay HID kits that go out within 6 months. They use everything from premium slim ballast to extra relays so you can run more than 1 HID kit without messing anything up.

Here are some pictures:

Half Stock Half HID:

All HID:

Shine against wall:

Interior Lights: (Crappy Pic, Did not come out like anything how it looks like in person. Very Bright in Person. Will have some better ones soon)

Hope you guys like it!

Got some high quality pictures for you guys.

You got to modify the connector plug, you have to dremel the insides out. Cause you cant just plug the HID bulb without it. Pretty easy, but in future kits they might just give you a pre-made piece so no modification is needed. Here is a picture of the bulb in the connector.

Best if you take off front bumper cause it is a very tight fit to work there. Plus you can attach the balast behind the headlight so you can hide it for a clean look.

Half and Half

Beam without the fogs on:

Close up of the lights: (The headlights are a lil dirty)

Some Night Shots: (Love the yellow on the floor)

Awesome Interior Shots:

All these shots are untouched and shot with a Canon 60D

Enjoy
    Last edited by Newbie; 11-23-2011 at 05:39 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Man my camera sucks lol, I need to get those high quality pics so it actually does some justice lol.

haha.. looks great.. i was going to do 6k bulbs too.. brother has extra ballasts need to see if they work with our car.. did u install it or did the xenon guys do it?
    i really wanna get the fog lights but i got base model.. i can probably buy the oem fog lights n install em myself..but hmm but i do like em
    u really started modding the **** outta it.. nice!

another thing is went to website.. it says h11's.. am i wrong or r we supposed to get h7's?

Quote Originally Posted by MattxChin View Post
    another thing is went to website.. it says h11's.. am i wrong or r we supposed to get h7's?
    I am not 100% sure on that. Email the Xenon Supply guys and they will get back to you pretty quickly

haha.. looks great.. i was going to do 6k bulbs too.. brother has extra ballasts need to see if they work with our car.. did u install it or did the xenon guys do it?
    i really wanna get the fog lights but i got base model.. i can probably buy the oem fog lights n install em myself..but hmm but i do like em
    u really started modding the **** outta it.. nice!
    You wont be dissapointed, it looks so much better. Plus when i get the KDM Headlights, then it will put it over the top.

The Xenon Supply guys installed it and my boyfriend helped too a bit.

Yea and this is only the start of the mods. Gonna be a ton load of **** done to the car pretty soon. lol. My boyfriend is in charge of getting all the Mods for me lol. Cause what he did with his new Camaro is amazing. He was also one of the first in CA to get the new camaro SS back in 09.

hehe yea i would like the kdm headlights too.. one thing at a time!!.. hrm also i see that import sharks is selling theirs like 15 dollars cheaper.. i wonder like why shouldi choose ur type to the import shark guys brand...

ps. i want the injen CAI haha

hehe yea i would like the kdm headlights too.. one thing at a time!!.. hrm also i see that import sharks is selling theirs like 15 dollars cheaper.. i wonder like why shouldi choose ur type to the import shark guys brand...

ps. i want the injen CAI haha

wait for there how to video with a step by step introductions and you will see why.

yea gonna be painting it wrinkle red soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jmwhite View Post
    wait for there how to video with a step by step introductions and you will see why.

yea gonna be painting it wrinkle red soon.
    thanks for the effort! im still looking to see what wheels i want too!!

Quick question:
    First off, I really am not comfortable with major mods.. don't like the idea of removing body panel etc... But I am looking at different lights for the exterior. How much is involved with doing the HID install on the V?

Also, what bulb would people recommend, I would like a bright white / blue in looks, but also don't want to downgrade in viability.

Do you need to worry about any sort of warranty voiding with something like this?

Also, how does this work with using high beams or automatic lights?

Sorry, I have never installed something like this and want to avoid any issues

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post

High beams work as normal using the halogen bulbs. It's possible to get a closer color match with Silverstars, but at 6000k there will still be a color difference. The auto headlight feature will work as normal. The relays are activated by the wiring that used to go to the old headlight low beam bulbs.
    2012 NAV / Tech Pkg, Born 7/24/11, Mine 9/17/11, 6MT, Boston Red, R/B Seats.
    Inovit Force 5 18x8 +42 wheels, Saikou Michi Micro Catch Can, InJen SRI, Tint
    25% around, 10% Roof.
    LED Turn Signals, Brake Lights, Interior & License Plate Lights. Custom exhaust tips,
    6000K Xenon HID, 6000k HID Fogs. 45k miles as of 2/13/14.

So both bulbs stay installed? On my old vehicle the high/low was the same bulb...

That beam pattern looks toit. Did you change reflectors and everything?
    Triathalon Grey/Manual/Tech named Oliver

One of the 3,000.

Quick question:
    First off, I really am not comfortable with major mods.. don't like the idea of removing body panel etc... But I am looking at different lights for the exterior. How much is involved with doing the HID install on the V?

Also, what bulb would people recommend, I would like a bright white / blue in looks, but also don't want to downgrade in viability.

Do you need to worry about any sort of warranty voiding with something like this?
    Yea I understand, there is gonna be a video up soon showing the process step by step made by xenon supply.com. You have to take the front bumper off, but it's very very easy to do that. Plus have to dremal a little bit. It's not a hard install at all. Just wait for the video and you can follow it.

As far as color goes, 6k is best in my opinion. It is the clearest white of all the colors. Looks best too. 4600k is white, but don't look as good IMO.

The low beams are the hids, and high beams are stock. Never really use high beams, especially now with the lights being brighter and more clear. Automatic lights work normal.

Quote Originally Posted by DasAlbatross View Post
    That beam pattern looks toit. Did you change reflectors and everything?
    Not sure what toit means sorry, but hope its good. Did not change any reflectors or anything. Just a high quality hid kit.

So both bulbs stay installed? On my old vehicle the high/low was the same bulb...
    No, The V has separate lenses and bulbs for Hi and lo beams. Only the lo beams are replaced with the HID's.
    25% around, 10% Roof.
    LED Turn Signals, Brake Lights, Interior & License Plate Lights. Custom exhaust tips,

That garage door beam pattern looks good, about what I expected.
    25% around, 10% Roof.

That interior is so bright.

Looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    That interior is so bright.

Looks great.
    Yea i love it, but it looks bright cause all the lights are on. Need it bright cause there is no back seat lights or glove box light lol.

How long did it take you to do all of the lights? Have you done a bulb swap before?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    How long did it take you to do all of the lights? Have you done a bulb swap before?

I have not installed them before, my boyfriend has. Also the xenon supply guys installed the whole kit, they made a video that should b up soon. They said it wasn't hard to install.

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast