NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have this type blind spot mirror?

Does anyone have this type blind spot mirror?

I bought mirrors like these but not sure best way to place them on the car mirrors:

Amazon.com: HDE 1.5" Round Blind Spot Mirror for Automobiles, RVs, Trucks, & Motorcycles: Automotive

See how they have a raised frame on one side? The package says they are adjustable after installation which makes me think the frame can be rotated, but it won't while just holding it in my hand, so I'm not sure if I have to get the angle placement perfect when I stick them on or not. I suppose the deep side of frame should be facing the car?

Also, where is the best location on the car mirror to place it so it doesn't block the car mirror's best rear view? Stick it to the edge closest to the car, or farthest?
    2012 Red w/ Red/black DCT Tech+Style : "Velosteraptor" since Nov 15, 2011

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

If you adjust your mirrors correctly there will be no blind spots. please don't put these on your car. they just make you look old.
    Rule1: you know the side of the car is there, there's no need to see it in the mirror.
    Sit in the drivers seat and set everything as if you were driving. Lean to the left til your head touches the window. Then adjust your mirror out til you can no longer see the side of the vehicle, or til it wont move out farther. Next lean to the right approximately the same distance as you did to the right. Make the same adjustment to the right mirror. Finally adjust your rear view to the center so that you can see out of the entire back window. With your mirrors set this way, as a vehicle leaves the side of your rear view it will be entering the inside edge of your side view. As it leaves the outer edge of the side view the vehicle should be right along side of you in ease of view. It will be a little wierd at first but once you get use to it you'll see the advantage.

Good thing I'm secure enough in who I am to not worry about what other people think about me because I use blind spot mirrors. I wonder if it makes me look old when I'm on my VMax? But then again, who gives a shite.

Here's the blind spot mirrors I have on my V. They work well.

Doug
    White/R&B/Tech/MT/30% tint - Bought 10/3/11

lmao look old. i always thought they add style but i use them on a hyundai accent and there the best.

Does everyone on this forum take everything personal, or do they just see it as a reason to be ass holes?

Quote Originally Posted by Velosteraptor View Post
    I bought mirrors like these but not sure best way to place them on the car mirrors:

Amazon.com: HDE 1.5" Round Blind Spot Mirror for Automobiles, RVs, Trucks, & Motorcycles: Automotive

See how they have a raised frame on one side? The package says they are adjustable after installation which makes me think the frame can be rotated, but it won't while just holding it in my hand, so I'm not sure if I have to get the angle placement perfect when I stick them on or not. I suppose the deep side of frame should be facing the car?

Also, where is the best location on the car mirror to place it so it doesn't block the car mirror's best rear view? Stick it to the edge closest to the car, or farthest?
    i would put them on the farthest side of the car cause i would think you could see more around you and i think thats were your blind spot is. it adds that extra mirror so you dont have too turn your regular mirror out. yes you can adjust the blind spot mirror vertically or horizontillay

Quote Originally Posted by xxxotiknightz View Post
    Does everyone on this forum take everything personal, or do they just see it as a reason to be ass holes?
    404: ass holes not found.

You stated not to use them because they make you look old (to other people).. others who use them stated they don't care what other people think and that they feel more secure driving with them. It's purely a difference of opinion.. get used to it.

serious or not if you were, the comment was mad funny and seeing alot of people use them and never heard somebody say that.

just a note if you say please it sounds more on a serious note and its harder to tell sarcasm and jokes on the internet.

lets be back to having fun yayyyyy

I'm using this in my elantra, when u put it on the mirror, u can turn it to adjust the angle

I've used these on my motorcycles and thy work well they help supplement 360 degree awareness and head turns -- both aren't always possible in emergency situations.

Place on outer edge of the mirrors.

If you don't like them toss them or give them to someone else.

Remember that age is a state of mind. If you don't mind I don't age!

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
    My Quirky Veloster: Desert Bronze, Black Interior, Style, Tech, DCT

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    Good thing I'm secure enough in who I am to not worry about what other people think about me because I use blind spot mirrors. I wonder if it makes me look old when I'm on my VMax? But then again, who gives a shite.

Here's the blind spot mirrors I have on my V. They work well.
    So where do you get these and how do they attach to the mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by Uffda View Post
    So where do you get these and how do they attach to the mirror?
    Got them at a local auto parts store. Very inexpensive, and attach with foam tape that is already on the spots. 1.5 inch versions. Here's a link to similar versions on Amazon.

Amazon.com: 1.5" Round Blind Spot Mirrors Cars-Trucks-Motorcycles - Free Shipping Always: Automotive
    Doug
    White/R&B/Tech/MT/30% tint - Bought 10/3/11

This might be an option:

Blind spot mirrors

Hope this helps
    2012 Hyundai Veloster Electrolyte Green DCT Style & Tech

~December 2011 VOTM~
    Check out my Veloster HERE! Don't forget to rate!

Quote Originally Posted by 4ofSpades View Post
    This might be an option:

Blind spot mirrors

Hope this helps
    Took me a sec to actually realize what I was looking at, lol. That is a pretty cool idea.

What they look to be are replacements for the reflective part of your existing mirror, but slightly curved to allow a larger field of vision. Very interesting. I may have to give something like that a try...
    2012 Boston Red Velobster, Black/Red interior, Tech, 6MT, Tint, Polk MM1240DVC, Alpine MRP-M500

How about blind spot mirrors like these? Will they make me look old?

Hercules Blind-spot Side View Mirrors: Compare Prices, View Price History and Read Reviews at Nextag

I kind of feel like I wouldn't mind having them on the lower edge of my mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by loVester View Post
    How about blind spot mirrors like these? Will they make me look old?

Hercules Blind-spot Side View Mirrors: Compare Prices, View Price History and Read Reviews at Nextag
    Yeh I saw them too and liked the way they don't block a portion of the rear view mirror, but thought they would affect the aerodynamics and general look of the car, so opted for the ones I got.

If you adjust your mirrors correctly there will be no blind spots. please don't put these on your car. they just make you look old.
    I wouldn't have stated that they make people look old, but you are correct if side mirrors are properly adjusted these are unnecessary. Though having said that the Velo is the first vehicle I've been in where they mirrors DO NOT adjust out far enough to be set correctly and I'm only 5'10"!!

Rule1: you know the side of the car is there, there's no need to see it in the mirror.

I'm 5' 10", and I don't have long legs, my driving style if forward enough so I can really control the steering wheel, while sitting very vertical, no gangsta slouch for me.

I found the Veloster mirrors do not adjust out far enough, in simple terms, I adjust my mirrors as you describe, but this car won't allow the mirrors to swing out far enough.
    3H2H1 = THREE HONDAS TO HYUNDAI ONE = 이것이 제 첫번째 현대 될 것이다

A PICTURE BELONGS HERE, PLEASE LET ME HAVE THAT, PLEASE...

Ok so I will use them- will attach to the far side of the mirrors, with the deeper part of the frame facing the car so they point to the outsides more. Sounds like the frame does rotate if I don't get it just right when I stick 'em on?

Thanks everyone!

I have the flat style on the driver's side of all my 4-wheeled vehicles

Do play around with the location before you stick it on though, make sure you like the location and you are not seeing mostly the plastic of the mirror housing in the new mirror, because once on, they are really on!
    3H2H1 = THREE HONDAS TO HYUNDAI ONE = 이것이 제 첫번째 현대 될 것이다

A PICTURE BELONGS HERE, PLEASE LET ME HAVE THAT, PLEASE...

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements