NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: safe way to wash in northeast

Question safe way to wash in northeast

Just bought a black w/ tech package and live in buffalo ny. Nervous about salt damage and wanna keep it looking good. Does anyone have any recommended washes that won't scratch the paint?
    Delta sonic has a $25/month unlimited washes... but it wouldn't be worth it if I do have any paint left in the spring

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

There's touchless car wash, I thinks that the best solution during winter times to remove any salt, calcium and mud on and under the car. The wash might not be stronger than the old car wash but safe for your paint. Was doing that with my old corolla for the last 6 year everything looks fine no rush under the car. In winter just make sure to remove salt and calcium from your car.
    Hope it helps !

Yea I've also noticed that "touchless" at delta sonic means they drag carpet strips over the car. I just don't want the snow to melt and have a million scratches.

i would just go to one of the self washes and just spray it down...i always brought a bucket and washed it with my own stuff in the stall. haha then used the hose for a second time and sprayed it off.
    Silver Certified Hyundai tech turned Sonographer

AND blogger? Check it out! All Things Hyundai.
    http://allthingshyundai.blogspot.com/

"Yes yes, you are a well informed man, but this is just confirmation of your genius! " Haptic
    QFTMFT!!!

If you have black, and you don't want swirl marks you will always and only wash by hand, and even that will not guarantee a scratch free finish. Black is the hardest color to keep looking scratch free, it typically takes tons of work, and lots of buffing with something like a Porter-Cable orbital buffer in the summer months.

The best thing you can do in the winter is hose it down as suggested at the do-it-yourself car washes.
    3H2H1 = THREE HONDAS TO HYUNDAI ONE = 이것이 제 첫번째 현대 될 것이다

A PICTURE BELONGS HERE, PLEASE LET ME HAVE THAT, PLEASE...

Any good recommended mud/snow floor mats? Even the dealer only had carpet and typical ones at autozone etc don't fit right

You live in Buffalo, NY Too? I had the same question/concern! And my V is black too... this is too much of a coincidence..

I would suggest liners instead of mats, liners are more like a tray, they hold more slop, by the way, I'm in Rochester

Weathertech is the big brand name, costly stuff, however, over the years, I have found, in my opinion, the Husky products are better. For me, unless the dead pedal is completely covered up, the liner is useless, Weathertech rarely covers the dead pedal all the way, Husky however almost always does.

It looks like both Husky and Weathertech have yet to come out with mats or liners, and I would not suggest a Lloyd - 2012 Hyundai Veloster Accessories & 2012 Veloster Car Parts - AutoAnything.com

Oh, it should also be interesting to see what these companies do about the gas pedal mounted to the floor, I'm still only so so about that design detail...

Oh, and you guys are crazy for buying black cars

If it were me, and I was headed into a sloppy Upstate winter with a new car, I would call Husky and light a fire under their butt...

Husky Liners® - Floor Liners | Floor Mats | Car Floor Mats | Cargo Liners | Mud Flaps | Huskyliners.com

The black just looks mean but yea id prefer the liners but don't see it happening because of the gas peddle. Im leaning towards just a good coat of wax and settling for delta sonic

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    The black just looks mean
    No, this looks mean

BTW- what dealer did you use in Buffalo, and were they good to ya? And by any chance, have you seen a Vitamin C yet? Oh, and don't forget to check in on the Upstate regional forum thread here.
    Last edited by 3H2H1; 11-16-2011 at 11:45 AM.

I used towne Hyundai in OP, decent. Not great. Only took $500 off msrp and pushed a bit much on extended warranties, but the sales man was nice and any problems I have they help with. As for the vitamin c I haven't seen one yet, I like them, but went with the black. Call a few up and tell them what u want and they'll find it for you lol. That's what I had done. Took 1 week

Ah yes, Towne, the MINI dealer.
    Well $500 off MSRP is better than paying more than it which has happened to a lot of people.
    I'm not buying for a year or two, but when I do get the Turbo I'm hoping Vitamin C is still an option, for now I'm just dying to see one.

Btw I just called and husky does not have any liners in design, weather tech says they are 9-10 weeks out. I just plan to get a set for the front which should be $99, a full set will run about $180

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy85 View Post
    weather tech says they are 9-10 weeks out.
    Just in time for spring...

I got the OEM all weather floor mats and plan to cover the Dead pedal with some plastic >.< .. It's temporary and cheap :P
    Electrolyte Green Veloster DCT w/Style. AKA Fiona

"
    We have, I fear, confused power with greatness" ~Stewart Udall

Brotip # 1312: Age isn't always a measure of wisdom. Sometimes a younger bro knows more than an older one.

Just used mcguires ultimate liquid wax after a delta sonic wash... gets a 9 out of 10.

19. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements