1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums – General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New low bulbs

New low bulbs

In the owners manual it says that the "low" bulbs are H7HPLL. What does the HPLL stand for? I bought "Silver Star Ultra H7" bulbs and was making sure they could fit before opening the package. Also has anybody taken out the bulbs yet because i read through the owner manual and it said you have to turn the bulb counterclockwise and i was trying with a little bit of force on it and couldn't get the stupid things out. Am i doing anything wrong? Anybody who has taken the bulbs out have any advise or should i take it to the dealer and have them charge me to put them in?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by timmy1936 View Post
    In the owners manual it says that the "low" bulbs are H7HPLL. What does the HPLL stand for? I bought "Silver Star Ultra H7" bulbs and was making sure they could fit before opening the package. Also has anybody taken out the bulbs yet because i read through the owner manual and it said you have to turn the bulb counterclockwise and i was trying with a little bit of force on it and couldn't get the stupid things out. Am i doing anything wrong? Anybody who has taken the bulbs out have any advise or should i take it to the dealer and have them charge me to put them in?
    Thanks in advance!
    Take em back. You will need the H11Bs.

The H7's work. H11B is listed in the manual with an asterisk. The footnote says "if equipped". That might be for the projectors used in other markets. The US Veloster definitely uses H7.

The manual is correct, it's about 1/8th turn ccw, but its tight enough I couldn't do it with fingers. I used a small pair of channel locks and it turned easily.
    2012 NAV / Tech Pkg, Born 7/24/11, Mine 9/17/11, 6MT, Boston Red, R/B Seats.
    Inovit Force 5 18x8 +42 wheels, Saikou Michi Micro Catch Can, InJen SRI, Tint
    25% around, 10% Roof.
    LED Turn Signals, Brake Lights, Interior & License Plate Lights. Custom exhaust tips,
    6000K Xenon HID, 6000k HID Fogs. 45k miles as of 2/13/14.

Really? Mine are H11B...
    The difference is in the wiring.
    Stop PM'ing me, I already answered all your questions.

Mine are H7 according to the dealership parts guy. He looked up my vin and grabbed the right part number. Definitely H7. Also, definitely hard to get out. I really don't want to damage the plastic. Should I put a cloth down and then use the channel locks?

Channel locks work. There is a detent that locks the connector in place. Once you turn it past the detent it turns easily. Counterclockwise is looking at the connector from the rear. Total movement is about 1/8th turn.
    2012 NAV / Tech Pkg, Born 7/24/11, Mine 9/17/11, 6MT, Boston Red, R/B Seats.
    Inovit Force 5 18x8 +42 wheels, Saikou Michi Micro Catch Can, InJen SRI, Tint
    25% around, 10% Roof.
    LED Turn Signals, Brake Lights, Interior & License Plate Lights. Custom exhaust tips,
    6000K Xenon HID, 6000k HID Fogs. 45k miles as of 2/13/14.

8. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread