NEWS

1. Welcome to Veloster Forum: Hyundai Veloster / Veloster Turbo Forums General discussion forum for Hyundai Veloster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Added a spoiler

Added a spoiler

Had the Sequence GT Spec spoiler on for about a year and grow tired of it..LOL, so picked up one of the low profile 52 inch dual element wings off ebay to play with. Doesn't look to bad and have a set of end plates being cut and a set of thin braces that will follow the contour of the back window. Its a work in progress but having fun doing itAttachment 11456Attachment 11457

2. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements

I am actually a fan. Looks unique and i think looks good
    Cookie Monster-2013 Marathon Blue Veloster Turbo-Auto-Converted To Blue Interior,BD Customs FMIC, 2.5 in. Catless DP & CAI, NGM Coilovers, Hi/Lo/Fog HIDS, LEDS, Magnaflow Exhaust,Forge BOV,65A Poly Engine Mounts,Poly Exhaust Hangers,Import Shark STB,Maintec Torsion Bar, "Veloster Turbo" Acrylic Plates,Gold Rota P45 18x8 Kuhmo 4X 225/40/18s,Sequence Devil Claws,KDM Headlights, Weathertech Mats And Visors, TurboXS Billet Oil Cap

2009 Performance White Shelby GT500-725 Rwhp 676 Rwtrq- SOLD

Too bad the tails can't be only in the reflector area. It looks good there. I know it's just the flash, but still looks good. Or rear fog locations.

Every spoiler I've seen for the Veloster looks fine until you get around the back.

That background seems very familiar , oh wait that's one of the tracks we race at lol. I see that blue veloster driving into the track all the time. Do you work there? I'm in the process of purchasing a new vehicle and still undecided if I want to get a base and a year from now strip it and cage it or just get the turbo w the ultimate package and make it the dd that will last me a while.

Yes, I work there Im asst mgr if Reg/Security, oh and the reflectors are LEDs I did them myself to cost me a whole $12

Not a bad price for the wing, just modified the bracket as they were to long, everything's made out of aluminum so its pretty lightweight
    52" Type x Spec Light Weight Aluminum JDM Black GT Wing Spoiler Completed Kit P5 | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey V View Post
    Yes, I work there Im asst mgr if Reg/Security, oh and the reflectors are LEDs I did them myself to cost me a whole $12
    Hang on, you can't say that and not tell us how to do LED reflectors for twelve bucks... Spill it

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
    Manual Veloster SR Turbo in Marmalade

Ill get the links and post them later, but $8 for the leds shipped on ebay and a hot knife from Harbor Freight for $4, and theres a video on youtube on how there made

What is that njmp?
    Cookie Monster-2013 Marathon Blue Veloster Turbo-Auto-Converted To Blue Interior,BD Customs FMIC, 2.5 in. Catless DP & CAI, NGM Coilovers, Hi/Lo/Fog HIDS, LEDS, Magnaflow Exhaust,Forge BOV,65A Poly Engine Mounts,Poly Exhaust Hangers,Import Shark STB,Maintec Torsion Bar, "Veloster Turbo" Acrylic Plates,Gold Rota P45 18x8 Kuhmo 4X 225/40/18s,Sequence Devil Claws,KDM Headlights, Weathertech Mats And Visors, TurboXS Billet Oil Cap

New Jersey Motorsport park it's a 2.5 mile road course and a 1.58 course plus a mile karting track
    http:New Jersey Motorsports Park

Thats what I thought ill be helping in an endurance race there next year. Ive yet to get down there.

Well, you got to see me or my staff to get thru the gate...so lmk when you coming and we can compare V's

Sounds like a plan it seems we both have good taste in color

For All the Fwd downforce?
    Doesn't look bad, but still pointless besides looks.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
    My Veloster<---Click it!

Quote Originally Posted by DeMarioii View Post

Coming from the person who changes the look of his car damn near every week thats kind of odd.

True true, I'm not hating. I like it in fact. I jut know for a fact it's making the car slower. Just my roof rails make the car top out at 100.

My Veloster<---Click it!

well, with that being said...at low speed it is a little dragey, but at around 90-113 its been a improvement, theres way less twitch in the rear end and the steering feels almost the same as I was worried about the nose getting light. But remember two thirds of this cars weight is before the door pillar.The GT spec one I had was more of a show piece then actually doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DeMarioii View Post

I love when people say this. Granted, I hate these kinds of wings on most cars, but the logic is always flawed when people say that. You do know that downforce has very little to do with where your drive wheels are located right? Downforce is for handling and is completely independent (well nearly) of the drive wheels.

It likely is pointless in this application because I doubt he's ripping through turns at 80mph (the speed at which downforce generally starts to make a major impact on handling) very often, and because I doubt the angle is calibrated and tuned properly anyway.

But really, aren't most of our mods pointless?
    2013 Veloster Turbo - Boston Red - Matte Black Vinyl Graphics
    twitter.com/Boots_Ylectric
    Instagram - Boots_Ylectric
    Get high on rocks - adventuresinclimbing.org

Ok, just so we know..I work at a ROAD COURSE RACETRACK, I have driven it safely around the track, if you goto youtube you will see my two tracks...on thunderbolts there's only two areas where Ive been to the speed you talked about and yes there was a difference between the two wings...coming out of one there's a slow left that transitions into a sweeping elevation change that drops in a group of turns... the other being coming out of the last turn before the bridge into the front stretch... so yes theres some basis for my statement...now down to lightning our fast but shorter (1.5 miles) and there's a long front stretch that dumps into a blind elevation change and small series of s's that are pretty fast if you know the line..then a sweeping right long stretch that turns into a hard left into a light bulb and back to the front stretch ....so for about 70% of that track is above 80mph , that being said Im sure if I tie the rear frame together and run some sticky tires I could go faster... but Im happy with my V, and just so you know I did have a few people help me set up the angle of attach on the wing...we even used them fancy gauges and that internet thingy

22. Remove Advertisements
    Hyundai Veloster
    Advertisements